Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies :D

So, I fell victim to the fall fad of everything pumpkin...not because it is a fad, but because it is soooo good.  I decided pumpkin chocolate chip cookies were a safe and easy bet since I did not feel like doing a pie.  And I stuck relatively close to the recipe...imagine that :D

Ingredients:


  • 1 can pumpkin pie filling (here I used pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tbsp. milk
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. vegetable oil
  • 4 c. flour
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 sm. bag chocolate chips (depends on your want for chocolate in the cookies)
Directions:
Mix ingredients in large bowl (yup, literally put everything in one bowl and stirred). Bake 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.

The "dough" was a little weird looking and smelled at tad funny until I added the cinnamon.

They were really cakey and yummy!
This recipe will make about 64 cookies...so it might be more than you would typically make so adjust accordingly!  They have a nice texture in between cake and cookie, delicious and only about 100 calories per cookie :D
They were a huge hit at work.









What About You?  Do you like pumpkin flavored things particularly in the fall?  What is your favorite cookie flavor/texture?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look YUM! My mom used to do some delish pumpkin cookies that I loved. Other than that, I have to admit a weakness for pumpkin cheesecake.

    I had a pumpkin spice tea recently (I got on a mailing list somehow for tea samplers) that was quite tasty.

    Other than that... pumpkin rolls? Oh, and pumpkin bread! My cousin made a massive amount of pumpkin bread last year with fresh pumpkin that she roasted and pureed herself. To die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Nothing beats pumpkin-chocolatey goodness! I make a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin and pumpkin pancakes all the time even in the summer!

    ReplyDelete