Monday, April 30, 2012

Z-Zen Garden

The campus has an absolutely beautiful zen garden outside one of the newer buildings (I think it is actually very new, but I am new around here as well and do not know just how new).

I think the idea of a zen garden is fun and pretty (I do not like the little sand zen gardens for bedrooms though, they remind me of litter boxes and just are not pretty).  If I ever have a lot of money and a lot of yard I think I would like to build one similar to this.  It is not very large, but it would be nice to be able to go in and sit and read in my back yard in one of these.  This one has benches, but it is in a fairly busy area of campus, so not so zen...

However, I might have to give it a go over the summer during a lunch break while there are not so many students around.



What About You?  What do you think about zen gardens?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about zen gardens. I like playing with the sand and arranging the rocks, but mostly because something about raking sand triggers latent OCD. IT MUST BE PERFECT.

    I really like the zen waterfalls though. I got some for Lauren and Erin our last Christmas in the apartment. They're battery-operated, so they don't have to be plugged in. Something about the sound of falling water is very relaxing to me. That's probably why all my best ideas come in the shower or when I get caught in rainstorms.

    ReplyDelete